- EnviroTex Lite (8 ounce kit)
- (4) 4.5” x 4.5” white ceramic tiles (coasters), Paper Mache box with lid, or stretched canvas
- Wax paper
- One page of your own art
- Ultra-Seal Multi-Purpose Sealer & Glue (or any white craft glue that dries clear)
- Choice of acrylic paint color for box and canvas
- (2) disposable foam brushes
- (2) mixing cups and one stir stick
- (4) medicine cups
- Embossing gun, propane torch or straw (to remove bubbles)
- 2 pairs form fitting latex gloves
- 220 grit sandpaper or nail file (to sand drips off under side)
- Protective eye wear
- Dust mask to wear while sanding
- Felt (for underside of coasters)
Coasters, Keepsake Box & Canvas
Cut your art to fit each of your ceramic tiles, painted box or painted canvas.
Brush a thin layer of glue on the top of each surface and place cut art. Use your fingers to smooth the art and make certain no air bubbles are between the paper and tile, box or canvas.
Using a disposable foam brush put a thin layer of white craft glue over the entire surface of your colored art. Let dry and repeat twice more. Let the last coat dry overnight.
Set medicine cups on wax paper surface and place tiles, canvas or box top & bottom on cups, so they are slightly raised from the table surface.
Mix EnviroTex Lite according to package instructions and pour 1.5 to 2 ounces on each tile. 8 ounces for a 9X12 canvas and 6 ounces for the box (3 for the top and 3 for the bottom).
Pour Envirotex Lite over the surface of each piece.
Spread the product with a clean disposable foam brush.
Wait 10 minutes and then remove any bubbles that may appear. Let piece completely cure (72 hours) and then sand the underside smooth. Wear protective eye wear and dust mask while sanding.
Cut felt pieces to fit the underside of the coaster. Brush on a thin layer of glue to the underside of the coaster and place the felt. Let dry.